Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organization that acts to change attitudes and behavior, to protect and conserve the environment, and to promote peace.
We believe that whatever our environmental goals are, we can only win thanks to people power. This people power is only possible if we actively fight against poverty, injustice and violence and work for equality and inclusion.
Greenpeace is an employer that pursues an equal opportunities policy. That is why we put qualities of people first, regardless of gender, origin, age, religious belief, class or disability. We offer employees a working environment that respects the dignity of each individual.
- Develop and implement political strategies for Greenpeace Belgium’s campaigns, and propose priorities.
- Increase Greenpeace Belgium’s capacity on political analysis.
- Develop, represent and advocate Greenpeace positions with the aim of influencing Belgian politics and policies.
- Facilitate our access to politicians, cabinets, etc …
- Represent and advocate for Greenpeace Belgium’s positions in the French speaking media and other public spaces.
- Prepare media interviews.
- Maintain good relations with the press.
- Deal with crisis communications.
- You are motivated by the Greenpeace values and objectives.
- You are fluent in French (mother tongue level), and have a good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- You have relevant professional experience.
- You have excellent oral communications skills.
- You are ready to operate with high availability and flexibility.
- You can deal effectively with confrontational situations.
- You can cope with stress and criticism that comes with being the public face of an environmental organisation.
- You excel in strategic thinking.
- You have strong organisational and planning skills and are capable of overviewing multiple projects.
- You perform well under time pressure and you are stress resistant.
- A full-time (38 hrs/week) permanent contract;
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment;
- Interesting additional benefits (meal vouchers, a complete 13th month, hospitalisation insurance and additional holidays);
- A challenging job.
Interested in this job offer? Send your application letter and cv in French, Dutch or English, by e-mail to email@example.com , with as subject ‘Selection Political Advisor / Spokesperson’. You need to apply before the 12th of October 2020.