Greenpeace is an international and independent organisation. We believe that a greener and fairer world is necessary, better and achievable. Together, we can achieve sustainable systemic change.
Greenpeace Belgium is looking for a POLITICAL ADVISOR / SPOKESPERSON (one person combining both roles)
- Develop and implement political strategies for Greenpeace Belgium’s campaigns, and propose priorities.
- Increase Greenpeace Belgium’s capacity on political analysis.
- Develop, represent and advocate Greenpeace positions with the aim of influencing Belgian politics and policies.
- Facilitate our access to politicians, cabinets, etc …
- Represent and advocate for Greenpeace Belgium’s positions in the French speaking media and other public spaces.
- Prepare media interviews.
- Maintain good relations with the press.
- Deal with crisis communications.
- You are motivated by the Greenpeace values and objectives.
- You are fluent in French (mother tongue level), and have a good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- You are collaborative and a enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams.
- You are an active listener who thrives on using collective intelligence to build and improve ideas and outputs.
- You have relevant professional experience.
- You have excellent oral communications skills.
- You are ready to operate with high availability and flexibility.
- You can deal effectively with confrontational situations.
- You can cope with stress and criticism that comes with being the public face of an environmental justice organisation.
- You are self aware and comfortable with topics such as: anti-racism, environmental and climate justice, disability rights, gender justice, class discrimination
- You have knowledge and experience with diversity and inclusion.
- You excel in strategic thinking.
- You have strong organisational and planning skills and are capable of overviewing multiple projects.
- You perform well under time pressure and you are stress resistant.
- A full-time (38 hrs/week) permanent contract,
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment,
- Interesting additional benefits (meal vouchers, an end of year prime, hospitalisation insurance and additional holidays),
- A 60% Teleworking policy,
- Gross salary based on experience (E.g. 4.016 € with 5 years experience, 4.466 € with 10 years and 4.893 € with 15 years).
Everybody is welcome at Greenpeace, no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our mission is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented in our organization, the more we can create an organization who leverages its purpose to champion our mission while ensuring a more inclusive workplace that is a fulfilling place to work at.
To minimize biases and maximize inclusion during our recruitment process, we decided NOT to use cv's nor motivation letters.
That means that the only things we will review for the first selection are your answers to a number of questions we're asking.
We advise you to answer them with all details needed for us to comprehend your experiences and skills.
You need to apply before the 7th of August 2023.