is hiring a
PROJECT MANAGER FOR A MOVE OF OFFICE PROJECT & FOR A STRUCTURAL ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE PROJECT (m/f/x)
who dreams of working for a better environment, and who are looking for a challenge in an internationally structured NGO.
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organisation that acts to change attitudes and behaviour, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace.
We believe that whatever our environmental goals are, we can only win thanks to people power. This people power is only possible if we actively fight against poverty, injustice and violence and work for equality and inclusion.
Greenpeace is an employer that pursues an equal opportunities policy. That is why we put qualities of people first, regardless of gender, origin, age, religious belief, class or disability. We offer employees a working environment that respects the dignity of each individual.
Greenpeace Belgium has started a number of cultural and organizational transformations that were put under the umbrella name of ‘Rainbow Trail project’. In parallel we’ve decided to move from our current office to a new building. This project is called ‘Big Move’, and includes a renovation of the building, and also a redesign of our ways of working. Both projects will start late 2019 and will last over approximately two years. It is expected that there will be several interconnections between the two projects, and therefore we’re looking for one Project Manager for both projects.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise all aspects of the ‘Big Move’ and the ‘Rainbow Trail projects’.
- Connect the Big Move and the Rainbow Trail projects as soon as interdependencies, opportunities or synergies are identified.
- Define, coordinate and supervise the work plans of the (sub) project teams.
- Proactively identify threats that might affect the projects and take adequate measures in due time.
- Develop and manage the overall project budgets.
- Ensure an effective implementation of the approved project plans.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the agreed decisionmaking processes, and apply the Greenpeace monitoring and evaluation processes.
- You are motivated by the Greenpeace values and objectives.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English.
- You have relevant experience, e.g. in project management and coordination, time management.
- You have strong planning skills and are capable to overview multiple projects.
- You perform well under time pressure and you are stress resistant.
- You are an excellent team player, and you know how to motivate people and how to create a positive team spirit.
- You are assertive.
- You are committed to issues of equality and justice.
- A fulltime (38 hrs/week) temporary contract (two years);
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment;
- Interesting additional benefits (meal vouchers, a complete 13th month, hospitalisation insurance and additional holidays);
- A challenging job.
We invite you to consult the detailed job description.
Interested in this job offer? Send your application letter and cv in English, Dutch or French by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, with as subject 'Project Manager'. You need to apply before the 12th of November 2019