Database Officer (m/f/x)(full-time: 38 hours/week)
What if you could use your technical power to support a good cause? What if you could help millions to make a more just and sustainable future? Then this is the right challenge for you, you Database wizard.
Greenpeace, the world’s largest non-governmental environmental organization, is looking for a Full-Time Database Officer to join the Belgian team, ideally based out of the Brussels office.
We believe that whatever our environmental goals are, we can only win thanks to people power. This people power is only possible if we actively fight against poverty, injustice and violence and work for equality and inclusion.
Greenpeace is an employer that pursues an equal opportunities policy. That is why we put qualities of people first, regardless of gender, gender, origin, age, religious belief, class or disability. We offer employees a working environment that respects the dignity of each individual.
- Bear responsibility for the operational and technical aspects of our donor database.
- Act as internal and external contact person concerning the operational work related to our database.
- Prepare and follow-up our direct marketing initiatives.
- Bear responsibility for marketing and quality management of our database.
- Work closely together with our engagement and fundraising teams.
- Provide assistance to the Database Unit Head & Manager in engagement projects.
- Work with the International team to propose, conceptualize and test new features.
- 2 – 4 years professional experience in operational database management (Salesforce experience or certifications represent a strong plus).
- Hands-on knowledge and/or experience in working with SQL, Python and databases.
- Knowledge of statistical methods.
- You feel confident in analyzing large amounts of data and handling complicated datasheets.
- You like to work with numbers, and administrative tasks don’t deter you.
- You are well oganized, and work meticulously.
- You are capable of working under pressure and you can work on several projects at the same time.
- You are motivated by the Greenpeace values and objectives.
- You are proficient in English, and in Dutch or in French.
- A full-time permanent contract;
- A dynamic, pleasant working environment;
- Funky benefits (meal vouchers, a complete 13th month, hospitalisation insurance and extra holidays);
- A challenging job, literally never-boring job.
The application deadline is October 15th 2019.